FT Services makes special effort to understand, respect and adapt to the local customary needs of Aboriginal people, their rights and their culture.
We will develop long-term relationships with Aboriginal people by:
- Respecting the values and beliefs of Aboriginal people.
- Establishing employment, education and training opportunities.
- Understanding the potential impact our business can have on Aboriginal people and their communities.
- Increasing the involvement of Aboriginal people and their communities in the success of our business.
- Supporting programs that strengthen and promote the interests of Aboriginal people.
- Encouraging all employees to develop an awareness of Aboriginal cultures.
- Listening to and partnering with Aboriginal people for mutually beneficial outcomes.
FT Services has been an Associate Member of the Northeastern Alberta Aboriginal Business Association (NAABA) since October of 2007. NAABA consists of Aboriginal businesses committed to enhancing and creating an environment that promotes businesses, jobs and training for the betterment of all native people in the region.
FT Services also supports a variety of Aboriginal community initiatives, such as the Regional Aboriginal Achievement Awards (RARA) and NAABA’s Annual General Meeting and golf tournament in Fort McMurray, Alberta.